Spring Break, Macy Rae Day & MN International Pageants


One of my favorite things to do is to travel, and so I was a little sad that this year was my first spring break that I have not spent traveling! In my first three years of college, I traveled to Chicago, Boise, and Mexico during my spring break weeks. This year, I decided to stay put. With trips coming up to Las Vegas for my sister’s wedding, Dothan, Alabama for the International Pageant trunk show, and Guatemala in May, I figured I needed a week at home to catch up on everything in my life- school, pageant things, but mostly, on sleep!

I started off my spring break my hosting my big sister Emily’s bridal shower- it was a success! My twin sister Taryn, sister-in-law Mary Beth, and I planned a coffee themed shower for Emily, as that is one of her favorite things in life (her fiancĂ©’s too)! I hope she really enjoyed it, and I can’t wait to see her walk down the aisle in less than a week! Eeek!

Shower.JPG

To end my spring break, I had a busy weekend of appearances! Our fellow 2013 contestant, Tammy DeSautel, invited the 2013 ND International queens to attend Macy Rae Day. Tammy has planned this day for the last couple of years to celebrate her daughter Macy’s birthday. Before Jen and I arrived, the group put together goody bags that would be delivered to the kids at Sanford Children’s Hospital here in Fargo. Once we got there, Jen and I had a great time taking photos with Macy and her friends, as well as helping them to decorate some crowns!

Macy1.jpg
Macy2.jpg
After we were done with Macy Rae Day, Jen and I quick picked our director Kathy up and headed off to Saint Cloud for the Minnesota International Pageant! I had so much fun attending the pageant! It was a little weird for me, though, as I had never been in the audience for an International Pageant- I have always been competing! It was so nice to see my old friends from Minnesota that I have met through the International Pageant, and to meet new ones! Congrats to the new Minnesota International Queens for 2013- Megan, Charity, and Andrea! I am looking to spending time with you ladies at nationals!

MN Pageant.jpg
Xoxo, Taylor

Popular Posts