Clara's Tribute to her Grandparents

 Hi everyone, I want to talk about some special people in my life. I recently lost my grandma and grandpa Arizona. We called them grandma and grandpa Arizona because they lived in Arizona. In the summer they would come and live at my house in a camper. My grandpa wanted a garden so we always went to Walmart and chose some different seeds. Then every morning we went to water the plants. We used the plants to make fun recipes. We also made kuchen, brownies, and dumplings. My grandma loved to embroider on towels to decorate them. I just loved to watch her do it. It was so relaxing. Whenever we did anything the game show channel was always on. Usually Family Feud. They liked to play cards and dice.

Due to covid, I wasn’t able to see them this past year. I could only see them through facetime. That was really hard on me but soon it got easier. This year when my grandma’s birthday rolled around in honor of her we made her favorite meal to eat and make with my mom and me. The meal was Chicken and Dumplings. It tasted amazing. One of my favorite meals is also Chicken and Dumplings so it was like a treat for me and my family because they love it too!


They loved to play cards and dice. Whenever we were bored my grandma would always tell me we needed to play Yahtzee or Frackle. Then she would make grandpa stop what he was doing to play so she could beat him.


In the summer when my grandma and grandpa would come to Jamestown I always had to come with them when they went to a store. My job was to keep them from getting lost in the streets and in Walmart. I remember one time when they had to drop my brother and me off at our music lessons but then we got lost. We just kept on going down the street until there was a dead end. We were about 10 minutes late for our lessons. I wish they used Google maps, it would have been a lot easier but that is how they were. I think they got too caught up in talking about coupons and cookies. 


This January my grandma died in Covid. A week after my grandpa who also had Covid died. We believe he died from a broken heart. Losing the love of his life for the past 63 years made him really sad. We just had their funeral and that’s what inspired me to write my blog about them. I will always miss them. 


Popular Posts