Some Lessons Gathered and a Bit of Advice

 

As my year as Miss Pre Teen North Dakota International 2020 prepares to come to an end soon, I have been thinking back on these past months and how I’ve grown. Of all the lessons I’ve learned so far along this journey, and some tips that might be helpful reminders to incoming contestants, those considering becoming contestants, or those curious at heart.

 

Here are a few of those things…

 

I have learned to always be prepared, and to practice being on top of things. Well…I’m still working on ‘perfecting’ this, but I’m definitely making progress. I don’t think I realized at first that ‘winning a pageant title’ would also mean a year of extra responsibilities. My mom reminded me more than once that I had an important job as a role model, and representing the Miss Pre Teen Crown at all times, which was an honor I haven’t taken lightly.

 

Remember the things that matter the most, and I’m not talking about the dress. I’m talking about your family and friends and doing your best to be kind.  I mean…the dresses, shoes, jewelry, hair, and makeup are fabulous and sooooo fun of course, but they are just a great bonus. We may never know how much our kindness means to someone, and the ripple effect it can have on those around us.


If you believe in something strongly, you must stand up for that no matter what. Even if you are

the only one standing.

 

My advice to new contestants…

 

Always Be Yourself…Always! 

 

Your platform is perfect because it is important to you and you chose it. Share it everywhere you go. You ARE making a difference.

 

Your dress is perfect because you loved it and you chose it. Wear it confidently.

 

Love who YOU are and don’t compare yourself to anyone else (except the old you). 

 

Strive to be 1% better each day and celebrate all the ups and downs you encounter.

 

Whatever you are doing… OWN IT!

You will meet so many beautiful and amazing young women. Remember we are all sisters in this process, and although this is a competition, we lift each other up – the only one we truly compete with is ourselves. Let that be a loving competition.




As always, my greatest piece of advice will be to Let Your Light Shine!

 

As Marianne Williamson said, “We ask ourselves who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. You playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightening about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. As you let your own light shine, you indirectly give others permission to do the same.”

 

Ashley Haas

Miss Pre Teen North Dakota International 2020

Let Your Light Shine

Popular Posts