Why I choose pageants



Because the process of putting myself in that interview room and on that stage has brought out the best in me.  If I told you, you could pay X amount of dollars to know your worth, live your purpose, have the self confidence you need to succeed in anything you put your mind to; I think most of us wouldn’t care what the X was, we would pay it.  You would pay it for yourself, for your kids to have that example for their mother, to be able to be proud of the you God made and to feel fulfilled with how you live your life.
That is what being a part of the International Pageant system has done for me.  It is a little strange because some of that $X goes to a gown or jewelry but those are just the details, if you really put yourself in this you HAVE to find out who you are, where your particular talents and abilities lie and how to use them to make a difference.  You must know your WHY, why do you want that title and what are you going to do with it.  It took me some time to figure that out for myself. To find out why putting myself on that stage was so hard and yet so freeing.  The soul searching and striving for that goal is not an easy road at times, it’s more like a hike, but that mountain top view is worth every bit of blood, sweat and tears it took to get there.
Why I continue to choose the International Pageant system is because it has made me focus on what I was made for; my purpose, my mission, and through this process not only do I know I can I achieve my dreams, but I am determined to work hard every day to get there.  It has shown me how to love and appreciate myself, not comparing with others in any way, but enjoying and celebrating each individual for their unique qualities, including me!
Through this process I formed my platform, Building Strong Leaders through Girl Scouts!  Girl Scouts has been showing girls how to take the lead for over 100 years, in each generation pushing new boundaries and showing girls anything is possible.  Girl Scouts has the research, materials and programming ready to deliver.  I have a love and a passion for mentoring youth.  It is a perfect match that I wouldn’t have found had it not been for stepping on that North Dakota International Pageant stage for the first time and choosing to continue the process to find my why.
I am so grateful to have had this opportunity and I encourage you to take that first step.  Maybe it’s with a pageant, maybe it’s going back to school, maybe it’s daring to take the first step toward a dream that has been tucked away in your heart.  Whatever it is, know that you were made for it, take the first step, and the next and the next.  You will never regret it!
Let your light shine brightly,
Jessie Aamodt
Mrs. North Dakota International 2019






Popular Posts