Jocelyn and Christmas

This month's blog is about Christmas and I am so excited because it is my favorite holiday. I love to spend time with my family, decorate the Christmas tree, celebrate Jesus' birth, and look at all the Christmas lights in town.

We will have Christmas Eve at my house this year and invite my dad's side of the family. We always go to the Christmas Eve church service, then come home to a big supper. We play games, play Christmas songs on the piano and exchange gifts. My cousins on my dad's side of the family are a lot older than Charlie and I. They are either in college or have already graduated from college so it is fun to see them because I look up to them.

On Christmas Day, we go to my Grandpa and Grandma's farm on my mom's side of the family. We exchange gifts, make an ornament with my Grandma, have a big meal, play with the cousins, and if it's warm enough, we ride in the sled behind the snowmobile.

One part of Christmas that I look forward to is when my mom and dad take Charlie and I to Santa's Village in Fargo to see Santa Claus. We both love to see the reindeer, the electric train in the barn, Mrs. Claus and her cookies, and the big Christmas tree that is lit up at night.

Some other things I like to do during Christmas time is donate bird seed to the North Dakota Veterans home in Lisbon, package up Christmas gifts to a boy and a girl in need from the Giving Tree, and I also ring the bell for the Salvation Army. This year, take the time to make someone's day and volunteer or help someone in need.

Giving Back With Love, 
Jocelyn Birklid
Miss Pre Teen North Dakota International 2018




Popular Posts