Where Has the Time Gone?!


Where in the world has the last 6 months gone? I remember Taylor saying this year would fly by like the blink of an eye, little did I know she was right! I leave for Charleston, West Virginia in a few weeks and I couldn’t be more excited. 

With the excitement I am also flooded with a mix of emotions. I have had constant butterflies since the end of June knowing that there is so much to do in so little time! I have talked to Meg and Janelle several times with brief moments of freaking out, and they have quickly calmed me down and reassured me that this is what I am meant to be doing and I have purpose. I could not be more thankful for them. 

Preparing for a pageant at this caliber is more than a physical preparation. Although getting my hair, nails, and make up done is a bonus! This preparation is just as much mental as it is physical. I have struggled with the stress, but I have also felt the joy from this experience as well. This half a year has already been such a blessing with everyone I have met and touching so many different lives. 

I have been told by numerous family members to “just be yourself.” This statement is something I have to keep reminding myself. I won this state title because I simply shared my story and a passion for a suicide prevention and allowing the judges to get to know the real Siam. I know that if can keep calm and show the judges I am here to make a difference then I can’t go wrong. 

I am so excited to meet all the beautiful women from across the world coming to compete. What is so great about the International Pageant System, is that every single one of us has cause that is so close to our hearts. We are all there to make a difference. Pageant weekend is only two days here in North Dakota, and I met some amazing women in those short two days. I will be in Charleston for 6 days, I can only imagine the relationships that I form with these ladies! 

I can’t wait to touch base with you all in a couple more weeks, and fill you in on this once in a life time experience. 

Next stop. Charleston, West Virginia.


Forever Always,


Siam Simpfenderfer
Miss North Dakota International 2017

Popular Posts