Meet Mrs. North Dakota International 2017


Welcome to my first blog post as your Mrs. North Dakota International! I have had this title for a couple weeks now, but it is still surreal every time I say it out loud. If you would have told me a couple years ago that I would be here, doing this, I might not have not taken you seriously. But as I sit here writing to you, I am filled with gratefulness for this blessing! I am humbled and honored by this opportunity. Now, I don't want to be that random pageant queen you follow on Facebook or Instagram, I want you to really get to know me. So allow me to introduce myself:
My name is Angelina Elizabeth Yarbrough and  I am 24 years old. I live in Wahpeton, North Dakota with my husband, Jake, and our 1-year old Dalmatian, Koda. Jake and I recently celebrated our 3-year anniversary in December. We have no kids, yet! In due time my friends, in due time.
I am not your typical North Dakotan. I was born and raised in Las Vegas, Nevada. I went to college there, got married there - I spent 22 years of my life in a place that some have described as the “exact opposite” of Wahpeton, ND. So how did I end up here? Well, there are some things in life that only God can orchestrate.
My husband got a job offer to be the youth and associate pastor for a church in Wahpeton - a place neither of us had ever been before. So, we decided to visit North Dakota on a February weekend. Although the temperatures were colder than we had ever experienced, the people and the community had a way of warming our hearts. When we got here, we knew that this was where we were meant to be. In June of 2014, we packed our things, said goodbye to our friends and family, and headed over 1800 miles to our new adventure!

Jake and I now serve as the associate and youth pastors at our local church, and I work part time as an administrative assistant at ComDel Innovation. I also teach dance from time to time and volunteer for the local Richland-Wilkin Kinship organization. Jake and I enjoy finding unique ways to connect with the youth in our church and community.
Through our position as youth pastors, Jake and I got connected with North Dakota Youth Ministries, an organization that invests in the lives of junior high and high school students throughout the state. Through the pastors, leaders and volunteers of NDYM, youth all around the state are being poured into on a daily basis. NDYM hosts several events throughout the year with the purpose of positioning students to discover their God-given purpose. Their mission is “Turning Moments into Movements” because they believe a single moment of positive impact can change lives for the better.

NDYM is my platform because I believe in the value of investing in the next generation. I believe every, single person has a responsibility to be a positive influence to our youth. Young people are not the generation of tomorrow, they matter today and are worth investing in. When we take those moments to invest in our youth, they become movements that will impact generations to come.


So, here I am, living in North Dakota, not for a job, but for a calling. I believe I was called here to serve my church and community however I can. Becoming Mrs. North Dakota International is now one more way for me to make a difference. Now that you’ve gotten to know a little more about me, let’s journey together and see where this year takes us!
Until next time,
Angelina Yarbrough
Mrs. North Dakota International 2017
Turning Moments Into Movements

Popular Posts