It's About the Journey, Not the Destination!

Maybe it's not about the 'happy ending', maybe it's about the story. Many people have been asking 'how I did' at the Mrs. International Pageant. I need to say that I am so blessed to be able to have had that experience and tell everyone that it isn't always about winning! When I set out to compete for Mrs. ND I didn't have any plans in mind but to just step outside of my comfort zone and grow. I did that and regained my confidence. God blesses us in different ways than we would ever imagine sometimes. So, for all of you who are afraid to take a chance, I say TRY IT....whatever that dream is for you! I didn't win the title of Mrs. International but that really is OK. My goal was to be the best ME I could be, I did that. I did the best I could and it's OK if I wasn't 'the' person for the job. I think it is important to note that it's beautiful even if we don't always win at everything we set out to do, and that was such a great lesson for me to share with my oldest daughter Ally on our drive home. I am blessed beyond my wildest dreams. I have a husband that loves me, beautiful children, supportive family, and wonderful friends that believe in ME! If I touch, inspire, empower just one person then I have completed my mission. I met some amazing women last week and for once in a long time believed in myself too. I have my title of Mrs. ND International through November, so have a lot of things to still accomplish before then! Thank you all for your kindness, words, thoughts, and prayers!

Popular Posts