Clara Seckerson wants to help you get started on your own pageant journey.


 

Hi, I'm Miss PreTeen North Dakota International 2021 Clara Seckerson. Today in this blog I am going to talk about Why I choose pageants. The number one reason is to share my platform, The Golden Rule. The Golden Rule stands for Treat Others the Way You Want to be Treated. Or G-Give someone a smile O- Offer a helping hand L- Laugh with someone, not at someone D- Do one act of kindness everyday E- Encourage others to be kind and N-Never speak unkindly. Which is how I interpret it. Everyday I use The Golden Rule and I want everybody to do the same.


The second reason is meeting new people. Since the state pageant, I have made so many new friends of all ages. When I go to appearances I get to talk about my platform. When I go to nationals I am going to meet all the PreTeen contestants and the current queen Allie Campbell (which is a lot of people!). I am usually shy around new people but since getting my title it’s so much easier because most people will come up to me because of my crown and sash. Or when I go up to them I will talk about The Golden Rule.


The third reason is to be on stage. I love modeling and being on stage. I feel so happy and cheerful when showing off my dresses. My favorite part of the pageant is wearing my evening gown. I think it’s so beautiful and it fits me perfectly. I found my gown used and knew right away it was meant to be. My dad and mom came to help say yes to the dress!  


My mom has competed in many pageants since she was little. I did get to go to a few of hers in the past. It's really fun to see all the sparkles. I know that pageants help teach many important life skills like interview skills, people skills, and positive self-confidence.


So overall I believe everyone should have these skills and pageants are a great place to learn them! I would be glad to talk to anyone about my experience if anyone would be interested.


Popular Posts