Megan Koehler's Crowning Moment

The day was January 12th, 2021!!! The moment I got crowned was a very special moment in my life, knowing that all your hard work achieved something so special. It was a long journey I took to get to that moment. Two months earlier I found myself feeling hopeless and depressed, I came back from college for a while and struggling with online schooling. I felt like I hit rock bottom since nothing was going as planned. I wanted to do something and get back into pageants again. I competed in two pageants in 2019 and fell in love with it. Then in 2020, I was planning to compete again but covid hit and I couldn't compete in the pageant system that I was used to. I just really wanted to go back on stage and have that feeling of beauty and strength when I compete in a pageant. From that point, I had such a desire to get back doing pageants that at that moment I decided to look if any pageants in North Dakota were running and if so compete in it. I went online and found North Dakota International Pageant and saw that they were still doing their annual pageant on January 11-12. I was filled with so much joy and excitement! I WAS SO HAPPY, THAT IN THAT MOMENT I SINGED UP! I got all the paperwork done that day and realized I need to get ready for this pageant!!! I knew I only had 2 months to prepare for this pageant and I need to act fast with my platform and mentally be ready as well. I contacted a talented photographer and pageant mother to coach me through those 2 months. She was so kind and took me under her wing, she believed in me and that was such an incredible feeling. I didn't want to let her down at all. I really made sure to give it all I got going into this pageant and most importantly is to be positive. I wanted to make sure that no matter what happens at the end of the day I stayed positive and know in myself that I tried my very best. I am not going to lie I was very intimated with the other contests with how long they had their title for and what they have done so far with it. I felt they had a big advantage over me and I was playing catch up, but I still gave it my all. Finally, pageant day came, and oh boy was it a busy day. Seeing all the wonderful women and rehearsal. It was a lot to take in for my first time. I did however enjoyed meeting all the new people and learning more about them in person. Jumping forwards it is getting to the end of the pageant and I am standing in front of the crowd with my other beautiful contests and I here 2nd runner-up, then 1st runner up. Side note I really thought I was getting 1st runner up. Finally, they are going to announce the winner of Miss North Dakota International 2021and I had peace in my heart, that whatever happens God has a plan for everyone.



Then BAM!!! MEGAN KOEHLER!!!!!!! MY FACE WAS SHOCKED!!!! I was stunned, my heart is racing, my mouth would not shut, I kept looking at all the judges and saying to them, "you picked me?!?!" I was so honored and still honored that I get to be Miss North Dakota 2021 and service my time to everyone who needs me. I plan this year is to spread my platform and spread positive!

Much Love,

Megan Koehler your Miss ND International 2021



Popular Posts