Sawyer Anderson and her Pageant Journey

 


In 2019 I was contacted by the directors of North Dakota International Pageants asking if I would be interested in running for Miss Pre Teen North Dakota International 2020. At the time, Water Works was taking off with a vengeance, and I was running from school to athletics and extracurriculars, to church, and to Water Works appearances and presentations, 24/7. Knowing absolutely nothing about pageants, but just knowing that I couldn’t possibly fit one more thing into my schedule, I politely declined the offer.

 

Fast forward to the year 2020. Everything that I knew, and loved, came to an abrupt halt due to Covid. One day when I was praying for an idea to get my book, Water Works, back into the hands of so many who have not yet read it, my mom received an email. It was the ND International Pageant directors reaching out again to see if I might be interested in running for the year 2021. Something told me, and my parents, that most offers don’t come around more than once. We knew nothing about the pageant world, but we knew it wasn’t something that we should blow off this time.

 

My mom and I dug into some heavy research about the ND International Pageant. After hours of studying and conversation, I determined that it would be a lot of work, but I’m used to that. I knew that I would be thrown into something completely new, but I’ve never been afraid to put myself out there. I knew that it was a competition and that there would only be one winner, but I’ve never been focused on being the best. I just want to work toward being a better person.

 

The number one “push” for me was that the International Pageant system wasn’t a beauty pageant. It’s a pageant focused on platform and changing the world. This was the answer to my prayers.

 

After five months of being a queen (it still feels weird saying that), I can tell you that I am so proud of myself for taking that leap of faith. Representing the state of North Dakota as Miss Pre Teen Flickertail State International is a responsibility I take very seriously. I am a role model. In less than a month I get to share my platform with the world, and I can’t wait to help save more lives. Thank you to my directors for giving me the push I needed and for never giving up on me. I pray that my hard work and commitment makes you proud.

 

~ Sawyer Anderson, Miss Pre Teen Flickertail State International 2021 

Popular Posts