Happy Fall Y’all

 

Fall is my favorite season. I absolutely love it because of all the leaves and the pretty colors. I love it because I love Halloween.  Not because of the candy, but that IS an added “sweet” bonus. I like Halloween because you get to scare people or have fun getting scared. I also really like seeing all the costumes and all the little kids running to your door to get candy.

Pumpkin carving is another favorite fall and Halloween activity of mine, minus the gutting part. We always carve pumpkins with my dad and I love figuring out what the carving is going to be and watching the face come together. Any way that I can express my creativity is a plus for me, so picking out my costume each year is something I love doing as well.


Fall also means school is back in session.  In late August I started my new year in Junior High. Lots of changes moving into the high school, on top of the current pandemic climate. I’m learning a lot of lessons on being flexible and adaptable.  We spent 3 weeks in our classroom 5 days a week, 2 weeks distance learning and we are now back in school face to face.  I am grateful for that and really prefer and enjoy being in school with my classmates and teachers. It is much more of a challenge for me being in front of a computer screen nonstop.

Fall also brings my upcoming birthday and Thanksgiving to be spent with family and friends.  So much to be grateful for. Even amongst all the challenges around us, it’s important to focus on taking care of ourselves, taking care of those around us, and being kind and compassionate.  We can look to all the good and how we can be part of that.  We can ask ourselves what we can do to make a difference for others and how we can Let Our Light Shine.

My friends Always Be You and you can’t go wrong. Wishing you a most wonderful fall.

Ashley Haas

Miss Pre Teen North Dakota International 2020

Let Your Light Shine






Popular Posts