Why I chose pageants




Ever since I was a little girl I wanted to be in pageants, we just didn’t know where to start. My mom and I watched different pageants on TV. I loved seeing all the girls, my favorite was Evening Gown and their on-stage interviews.




I met Ava Hill and she showed me how to do a pageant pose and talked to me about being Miss North Dakota International. I was so excited she took the time to talk to me about it and got me excited about the International pageants. I remember watching Ava and McKenzie in the 2019 pageant, it was so exciting to see Ava crowned.

Then I changed schools and met a previous Miss Pre Teen North Dakota International. She encouraged me to compete in the 2020 International Pageant. I am so glad my mom and I met with her and her mom and then went to a workshop where I became even more excited.



I LOVE getting dressed up and being in amazing dresses! But what I love most about the International pageants is that it is about our platforms and volunteering. This is why I choose to be in the North Dakota International pageant and compete for Miss Pre Teen Flickertail 2020.






I am so thankful for the experience I have had as Miss Pre Teen Flickertail 2020. Being in pageants, Janelle, and Meg (my directors) has helped me build my voice for my platform HERE FOR YOU, which is all about mental health awareness and suicide prevention. It has also help me be me and not let anything or anyone make me feel like I can’t be. I am so excited to compete in Nationals at end of July!





Always remember I am HERE FOR YOU!
McKenna K
Miss Pre Teen Flickertail International 2020

Popular Posts