Why I Chose Pageants



I don’t believe that I chose pageants…but that pageants chose me. 
A pageant wasn’t something I had ever considered, until my dance coach mentioned it to my mom.  At first, I wasn’t sure if I wanted to do it, because I thought that pageants were only for rich snobby girls. I’m a little embarrassed that I fell into that stereotype trap, but lets be honest, someone reading this has thought that too.
I didn’t really know what to expect, but having dance coaches that are a previous Mrs. North Dakota International, and the current Miss International, that I highly respect and trust, I decided to give it a try for the fun of it.
What I found was an amazing experience and wonderful sisterhood!  I love that everyone involved has a platform that they are passionate about and making a difference in the world.  Because of this pageant I have been given so many volunteer opportunities and the chance to share my own Let Your Light Shine message.  I still have a lot to learn and more growing to do but feel like I have come so far already.
I have formed friendships that I know will last a lifetime. I am surrounded by people who challenge me to be better every day. I am grateful for dance coming into my life and allowing me to feel the freedom to fully express myself for first time in my life.  That led me to my Let Your Light Shine message and the International Pageant system and the opportunity to have an even greater impact on the people around me.  
I never expected to be crowned Miss Pre Teen North Dakota International 2020.  A few years ago I never dreamed I’d be able to walk on a stage with so much confidence and feel so comfortable in my own skin. I never thought I would become such great friends with ‘pageant girls’ (they really are so kind and welcoming). I never thought that I’d become one of them, but I’m so happy I did. We can never be completely certain what the future has in store for us, but I intend to Let My Light Shine in this pageant system for a long time.

Ashley Haas
Miss Pre Teen North Dakota International 2020



Popular Posts