Life Changing Surprise!



There was a surprise that had been planned for over a year…and I didn’t even know anything about it until the week before the trip! I got the opportunity to go on a cruise!! This wasn’t just any cruise; it was the Jesus Freak Cruise!!! My mom took my brother on this cruise two years ago and it was such a powerful worship experience as well as amazingly fun that she wanted me to have that opportunity as well! Mom was sneaky in how she got me to get passport pictures and paperwork done. I got a little frustrated with her because she wouldn’t tell me why she had me do a few things.... but, eventually, she surprised me and my face lit up when I got the news. To get to the cruise, we flew into Orlando, Florida and on the way to the hotel, met a couple that lives in Park Rapids, Minnesota!!! We ended up seeing each other several times during the trip! We loved seeing them over and over again. When we were boarding the ship, we got to meet the band DCTalk!
        


The cruise was packed with so many fun events like the Sail Away Party. We all had a blast with cool music, sun, fun, and dancing!! As the week went on, I got to do super cool rides, enjoy powerful concerts by Christian artists, worship, eat tons of food, snorkel at Chill Island, swim, make friends, and be a Jesus Freak!! The cruise was sold out and there were over 4200 people!!! We were blessed with meeting so many wonderful people that we share our faith with.
A really cool thing on my trip is that I got to share my platform, Love Always. When the opportunity was there, I talked to people and also gave them one of my watercolor heart tags along with a heart bag. I met people this way and shared my platform and also left many on cabin doors. I gave away over 50 bags!         
   


Cruisers had the opportunity to sign up for a mission excursion! God worked it out so that I was able to go on this excursion and it was life changing. The mission excursion was organized by The Premier Foundation which seeks to love and serve those who live in poverty and whose goal is to empower people so they can build better communities.
When the ship was docked in Nassau, Bahamas, the mission group traveled to a place called “The Great Commission” which provides many services to “care for the poor.”  Our group worked in several areas. Upstairs, we packaged food bags for people to pick up so they would have enough nutrition. We packed all sorts of items such as cereal boxes, flour, soup, crackers, etc.  Work was done on building an outside concrete wall so that the small kitchen could be made bigger. About 300 meals get made daily in the small and old kitchen.  We also delivered meals to those who could not make it to the Commission.  I got to go out into the community and help deliver hot meals to some residents. I met Cleveland who is blind and asked us if we were Christians. He asked us to pray for him. He had a great sense of humor and was very welcoming even though he didn’t have much for a home.  I got the chance to deliver my watercolor hearts and bags again. I also delivered to Alice, who was a woman without her lower legs. She was happy that I came to deliver a meal through her window and she gave me candy! I am blessed to have done this.  
       



One very special thing that happened on the excursion was that a Christian artist, Jared Emerson, came to paint. He paints for the glory of God and he painted a picture of Jesus that will stay on the outside of the building. I had a great conversation with Jared and told him about my title and platform. I felt that I was right where I was supposed to be in that moment because I was in a beautiful country, helping others, sharing my platform and viewing and talking about artwork. It was wonderful!!!     
        


At the end of our experience, our leader talked about how there are so many needs in the world and how we should always be looking ahead. He had talked to his own dad about a mission experience and was sharing about how great it was and then his dad challenged him: “what are you going to do now?!” and that really struck a chord with him. So, his challenge to us was that it was great that we helped out with The Great Commission and we blessed the people but now what are we going to do?!? So, because I went on this amazing surprise cruise, my life is forever changed by the experience and also with how I think about things. I need to keep looking toward the next way to help others and this is how I will Love Always…
Love Always,
Lilia Rexin
Miss Pre Teen North Dakota International 2019

Popular Posts