Art Inspiration


“What keeps my heart awake is colorful silence.” Claude Monet
Several years ago, I remember when I started to pick up a piece of paper and some coloring utensils, my love for art began. There was something special in the feeling that I got when I was coloring pictures and my love for art and creativity only continued to grow through the years. Now I think that I can’t live without it!
Art can be so many things! I like art in many shapes and sizes, and lots of colors too! Art is a fun way to relax and you get to showcase your creative style. There are many ways you can be creative with art because there are many different types of art. I personally like a variety of methods: free hand drawing, pottery, and every type of painting to name a few. My love and passion for art has grown so much over the past years and there is so much to explore.
I have some special memories surrounding my experience with anything artistic.  Last year in 4th grade, we were starting to learn all about our wonderful state, North Dakota. We had to research various things such as the state flower, capital, governor, state tree, and many more facts. We then had to draw all our items that we chose. We had lots of amazing artists in the two different classes of twenty-five students, fifty in all. This teacher decided a few years ago that there would be a contest and that the winner would get to put their work permanently on a ceiling tile in her classroom. How cool is that?!?! Since there were so many students, there would be a very slim chance that I would win but I was challenged to work very hard on this project. When I completed my picture, I knew that whatever would happen, I did the best that I could do. I was proud of myself to the moon and back for all the hard work and how I arranged all the items on my picture so that they blended together. We each got to vote twice for the 50 students and then it was time to see who won this year. The teacher showed the runners up and then announced, “your 2018 North Dakota project winner is……Lilia Rexin." It was exciting to win but what I really won is the learning that I gained from this project and the picture that represents my state and my creativity.

My school art teacher is Mr. Korynta. He has taught me so many things in art that I will never forget. Each time that I enter the classroom, I feel my creativity soar and my happiness increase!
My school has an artwork contest for the cover of the yearbook. The winning design was created by a third grade student which is awesome! My design won for my grade so it was put on the back cover with the other five winners. The picture needed to include certain requirements but then it could be anything that you wanted to do! 
There are many opportunities in my community to take various art classes or be creative. I have taken pottery classes and a painting camp at the Plains Art Museum which is a fabulous place for art! I even had one of my birthday parties there! We had painting instruction from a teacher that I selected because her teaching is so gentle and inspiring. We have participated in ChalkFest where everyone takes chalk to make whatever pictures and messages they want. It’s really inspiring to see all the variety. I took a class twice at the West Fargo Library because it was so awesome! We learned about certain art masters and then created a picture that was similar.


One of THE coolest things that I did with art is have a graffiti birthday party downtown! There is a wall that anyone can go and spray paint. My friends and I had an incredible time!!! When we are downtown, we love to drive through the alley and see the newest graffiti.     

I am so thankful for all the opportunities available to learn art and inspire me. I look forward to the future possibilities. I know that art can be found anywhere. And….. art is so much more than just viewing and creating art…. Vincent Van Gogh said: “I feel that there is nothing more truly artistic than to love people.” This fits perfectly with my “Love Always” platform to combine anything artistic and express it in ways to show love.
“Love many things for therein lies the true strength. Whosoever love much, performs much and can accomplish much. What is done in love is done well.” – Vincent Van Gogh
Love Always,
Lilia Rexin
Miss Pre Teen North Dakota International 2019


Popular Posts