Photography is a magic way of capturing the beauty of a moment frozen in time.
I love the beauty of this moment in my life……
As Miss Pre Teen ND Intl 2019, one thing that I was scheduled to do was a photoshoot! I have never had a photoshoot with a crown! How exciting! It was a totally fabulous day and when I first saw my pictures after they were finished, I LOVED THEM. I think I was in shock of how gorgeous the images turned out. Was that me?!?!
The pictures looked so beautiful but it took A LOT of preparation to get those amazing images. First, we had a lot of deciding to do before pictures were even taken. What should we bring? We didn’t know! It seems like my mom was pulling out half my clothes from my closet… outfits, dresses, shoes, and jewelry! It looked like a tornado went through the room…. but, a tornado full of colorful fabrics, pretty designs and sparkling jewelry everywhere so it was pretty… but pretty messy as well. And, beautiful can certainly get messy. We were going to do some holiday themed pictures so mom was rummaging through all the fun decorations that she has in the basement. Again, it was getting messy…. but, she pulled out some really cute things that were used in my photos and the group pictures and they looked spectacular!
We had our photoshoot in a really cool place but it was upstairs so we got our exercise just getting there! Once inside, the excitement was in the air! There was makeup everywhere, hair salon items, dresses galore, jewelry, music, pretty ladies, and laughter!
We unpacked our belongings and our directors, Janelle and Meg, picked out what I should wear from my selection. The wonderful Jenna Spicer from Spiced Up Locks at Urban Edge Salon started to get me photoshoot ready with hair and makeup. This is probably the most fun part for me, feeling pampered when Jenna is applying makeup and styling my hair so professionally to make me look like a queen. I truly felt so glamorous. And, I had fun when she made my hair really big to get volume!             

Janelle and Meg helped make my clothing fit so the camera could only capture what was the best. They know what looks great for the camera. You should’ve seen all the clamps on my dress in back that helped make it fit well!              

Rebecca from Mabelle Photography took several individual photos of me in various dresses and poses. One of my favorite pictures is with my red dress because I think of my platform when I’m wearing that color. I felt like a model and a queen in front of the camera. It was just amazing.                

We took all kinds of group pictures after our individual pictures. What I remember most from our group photoshoots is how much fun we were all having! I always like fun and my mom caught it on camera! See if you can find Jenna in the distance. I thought that was the coolest! There was so much love and laughter in that room all day that I think my cheeks hurt later from smiling so much!               

I look forward to the next state pageant when we will see our group picture on the cover. It is going to be spectacular because all my sister queens are gorgeous. And, my sister queens are not only gorgeous on the outside but incredibly beautiful ladies. Do you see how much love they are spreading to others?
This photoshoot captured a beautiful moment in my life and I have the beautiful pictures to prove it! I’m so thankful and honored to have this experience and I’m blessed to share it all with so many amazing people.


Love Always,
Lilia Rexin
Miss Pre Teen North Dakota International 2019

Popular Posts