Jocelyn's Farewell

Being crowned Miss Pre Teen North Dakota International 2018 was the most exciting thing that has ever happened to me. I will never forget the way I felt when my name was called. My hard work and dedication paid off. This past year has been the best because of all the appearances I have been able to do and all the people I have met.

Thank you to Janelle and Meg for being such great directors and for making me feel so special. I loved spending a week with both of you in Charleston. Thank you to my sister queens for being so kind to me and making the year fun.

I am glad that I have been able to promote my platform Give Back. I enjoy working at the Ransom County Food Pantry and so far I have raised 317 pounds of food through my food drives. I have learned that serving others is one of life's greatest joys.

This was the first year of the Miss Pre Teen International Pageant in Charleston, WV. It was so fun to be a part of the National Pageant.

I had many fun and rewarding appearances but some of the highlights are being an ambassador for the American Heart Association, being recognized at the Medora Musical, meeting Governor Doug Burgum, being an ambassador for the first annual Ransom County Cares, being in numerous parades, and having my picture in the New York Times.

Thank you to my brother Charlie for supporting me and practicing interview questions with me. Dad- Thank you for letting me live out my dreams. Mom- If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have been on that stage. You have been there for me all along and you have always believed in me.

Thank you to all of my personal sponsors for supporting me and helping me get to nationals. Thank you grandma Donna for making beautiful dresses and gowns for me.

To my successor- I'm excited to pass the crown on to you. This is a life changing experience. I wish you all the best.

I wanted to represent the state that I love and I'm so glad I was able to do that.

Giving Back With Love,
Jocelyn Birklid
Miss Pre Teen North Dakota International 2018
 
 

Popular Posts