Thankgiving Season

"The holiday season is a perfect time to reflect on our blessings and seek out ways to make life better for those around us" -Terri Marshall

The holidays are without a doubt my favorite time of year. Not because we get to eat lots of food, open presents, and shop, but because we get to spend quality time with our friends and family. 

We always make it a priority to all get together around the holidays because its so hard throughout the year to find time in our crazy schedules.

This year, I get to spend my first holidays with a boyfriend, the most amazing boyfriend, and I'm so excited to make those memories with his family too. 

My favorite food on Thanksgiving is by far mashed potatoes and gravy. There is just something so comforting about it. I also love the buns dipped in the gravy.

I have one favorite Black Friday shopping memories so far, and that was when I went with my dad Jeff. We got matching Minion hoodies made, so if we got lost, we would easily be able to find each other. We stayed up so late hitting a ton of stores in town, but most importantly, we got to spend quality time together. That is a memory I will never forget. 

Spend time with you families this holiday season, quality time. Be present. Don't sit on your phone and ask when you can leave. Make conversation because you never know what it will turn into, and you could cherish that memory forever. 

It is truly the most wonderful time of year.

XOXO, 
Emalee Kitzan
Miss North Dakota International 2018

Popular Posts