Why are sponsors so important?



Let’s face it…pageantry can be expensive in different ways. From wardrobe, hair and make-up, coaching, etc. it all can add up.  While the costs are an INVESTMENT in YOU, most of us have a budget to stick with, that’s where sponsors come in to play!  I would not have been able to be successful at the state and International Pageant without the wonderful sponsors I had to help me prepare.  In this blog, I will give you some tips and tricks to gaining sponsorship for you as an individual and using state and national level sponsors.

How to gain sponsors for YOU:

1.     If there are businesses you currently have a relationship with, work with them first!  I personally reached out to all the boutiques and dress shops that I had gone to outside of my titleholder role, just as Laura.

2.      Tell them about your title and the International Pageant system.  The more businesses know about your title, your platform, and what the International Pageant is all about, the more likely they are to sponsor you!

3.     Be up-front; tell them what you are looking for as far as a sponsor. Is it a discount, merchandise, services, etc?  The more they understand your needs, the better idea they have about what they can offer you for goods and services.

4.     Give back to them!  As someone who has many sponsors, I understand that in order to receive their services, I need to promote and support them as much as I can.  Work with your potential sponsors to promote them via your social media, be a part of their marketing brand, tell friends and family about their services, etc. 

The North Dakota International Pageant and International Pageant also have their own sponsors for local and state titleholders.  USE THEM!  I was so happy that I was able to reach out to the majority of our state sponsors before I left for Mrs. International.  I also used EVERY sponsor at the International Pageant level for my preparation and at pageant week.  These people and businesses are sponsors for a reason.  They understand the pageant, what you need as a titleholder in regards to being successful, and provide the support for you along the way. 

My advice to you as a local titleholder: start now!  With only four months left until the North Dakota International Pageant, now is the time to start making those connections and making your preparation that much less stressful.  You will not only gain goods and services with sponsorship but you will also create a larger support system for you as a titleholder. 
Please contact me with any questions, ideas, or concerns you may have about sponsors.  I am happy to help!

Keeping Families Close,

Laura Schmidt
Mrs. North Dakota International 2018











Popular Posts