What’s Next!



Hello All!  Now that the dust has settled and it has been just five weeks since the Mrs. International Pageant, I would like to let you all know about my future plans! 

First off, I have to revisit two questions that were immediately asked of me after the pageant (literally, asked right after!).
1.     How did it feel to be called 1st Runner-Up?
2.     Were you okay with your placement?

I have to say that I was ELATED to be called 1RU!  Who can say that out of 60 amazing, talented, and kind-heart women that they finished second?! ME!  Throughout my entire journey as Mrs. ND International I put in every ounce of me: emotionally, spiritually, mentally, and physically.  When I stepped out on that stage on the night of finals, I knew that whatever God had planned for me I would accept.  Was I OKAY with my placement?  Yes! Not only was I at peace with where I had placed because of what I had done to prepare, but I was also at peace because I stayed true to being me. I didn’t change who I was just to impress five judges or a large group of women.  I was REAL!




So…what’s next?  Well for those who don’t know I have been a titleholder in the International Pageant family since my son was only three months old.  Fast forward now one month post pageant: he is now 18 months old. I’m going to take this next year to enjoy being a mother to my spunky little guy.  Pageants are a lot of work and I have sacrificed time and memories with him and my little family to carry out my titleholder duties (which has been such an honor).  Will my work with my platform and the International Pageant family change?  Of course not!  I am however focusing more heavily on family time in the next year.  Not to mention, my husband has been a stellar daddy to our son and Mr. Mom in my absence (I think I owe him a fishing trip, or two!).




What I LOVE about the International Pageant family is the fact that they actually SUPPORT family!  They understand that life is about balance.  Sometimes in life, priorities shift and that’s okay, especially as a Mrs. with a family! To sum it up: this past year has been about preparing for Mrs. International, my dream, with the support of my family.  This coming year will be about supporting my family and reaching their goals and dreams. 



I am excited to announce that I will be helping the newly crowned 2019 ND International titleholders along with our state directors.  I want them to have the best experience possible, like I have had throughout my reign!  Also, I will be back to re-compete for the prestigious title of Mrs. International.  When will it be?  Like I said, I will be taking this coming year off to focus on my family and becoming the better version of me but you will see me back sooner rather than later.  :)


Keeping Families Close,

Laura Schmidt
Mrs. North Dakota International 2018

Popular Posts