Pageant Prep Tips

“There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and
learning from failure” – Colin Powell

Preparing for the state pageant can be very nerve racking, so I figured it would be a
good idea to share with you a few things that helped me during pageant weekend.

1. Keep it simple. Do not over pack. I remember my first 3 years competing
bringing like 30 lipsticks, then the year I was crowned, I only brought 3.

2. Plan your outfits for the weekend ahead of time.

3. Eat lots of food so you stay energized.

4. About a week before competition, take some sort of emergency vitamin
packet to avoid getting sick. The day I left for fargo, I got bronchitis, and all
weekend I felt like absolute death.

5. Practice poses ahead of time, if you are unsure of the walking pattern, feel
free to ask me.

6. Make friends. This weekend will be so much more enjoyable if you have a go
to girl.

7. Don’t take things so seriously. Of course you want to be in the game, but don’t
be so focused that you cant have fun.

8. Watch pageants on youtube. I feel like a lot of my walking skills came from
watching others.

9. Be at peace with how the weekend turns out, whoever wins is meant to win.

10. Be yourself and be authentic. That will be able to show on stage and in
interview.

I am more than open to any questions regarding pageant weekend, im here to help!!
And I already love the next Miss ND International.

XOXO,
Emalee Kitzan
Miss North Dakota International 2018

Popular Posts