Mrs. International Week: Part Two



As I had recapped the first few days of my exciting week at Mrs. International in my previous blog, I will continue with the rest of the adventures that unfolded for me in wonderful Charleston, WV!

Thursday was a day full of emotions. The day started out with my private interview with five judges.  This private interview consisted of five minutes with each judge.  In that time, I had to pour out my heart to them about not only my platform but also why I should be the next Mrs. International.  I came out of interview feeling so at peace with my time spent with each judge.




After interview and an afternoon of rehearsals came the gala!  This gala was an amazing event hosted by International Pageants.  All the Mrs. Contestants brought silent auction items in which the proceeds would go back to the city of Charleston.  I was fortunate enough to not only spend a wonderful evening with my fellow contestants but my hubby finally arrived in Charleston.  We had so much fun and I was forever grateful that he was able to be there with me.






Finally Friday!  Friday was filled with a full day of rehearsals and PRELIMS!  What a rush!  I had never up until that point felt so confident on stage as I did that night.  I had no jitters what so ever.  I did a lot of praying that day and night.  My time spent talking with God put me at peace and I went out there and gave it my all.  Not to mention, I got to share the stage with my amazing husband and have my wonderful directors and friends in the audience. 





Then…came Saturday!  The day I had been waiting for since I was crowned Mrs. North Dakota International.  It would be my last time out on stage, the last impression to show the judges that I was the right woman for the title and job of Mrs. International.  The night started out with a bang…I mean trip!  Haha, I tripped during opening number but I didn’t let that phase me.  I smiled, laughed, and strutted past that little misshape. When the announcement of Top 16 was called, I was so nervous…but I made it!  I was called as contestant #15.

After Top 16 and People’s Choice were called, it was game time!  Only this time, I had to recite my on-stage platform speech and answer a fish bowl question before fitness and evening gown.  I poured my heart out with my platform speech and answered my question thoughtfully and honestly.  Then, it was on to fitness wear. I have always had so much fun on stage during this portion of competition.  After fitness wear came the final portion of competition, evening gown. I was blessed to have my husband walk me across the stage again, just like in prelims.  That was it! 

Crowning would finally close out the best week in pageantry I have ever had in my life.  As all of us in the Top 16 stood holding hands I could only thank God for getting me to that point.  As the 4th, 3rd, and 2nd runner-ups were called, I was so elated!  What a great group of women so far in the top five to represent our class.  Then came the announcement of first runner-up…ME! I am pretty sure my jaw dropped and I could hear people screaming from the crowd. Out of 60 women, I was chosen as first runner-up!!!! North Dakota has not placed this high in over 20 years.  I was honored to receive such a prestigious award and placement.












The experience of competing at Mrs. International has forever changed my life.  My next blog will be on the questions I have been getting a lot…what was it like to be called as first runner-up?  Were you okay with that?  Are you coming back?  All these questions and more will be answered…stay tuned!

Keeping Families Close,

Laura Schmidt
Mrs. North Dakota International 2018
1RU Mrs. International 2018

Popular Posts