Southern Hospitality Part One!



This past month of April had been full of adventure for me as Mrs. North Dakota International!  In April, I was able to travel to five states: Tennessee, Kentucky, Georgia, Alabama, and Maryland.  While it was jam packed with driving and airplane trips, it was so worth each and every experience!  In this blog, I will be sharing with you all my experiences in the first part of the month.  I will post another blog about part two!

My month started off with a trip down to Georgia and Alabama to meet with my pageant coach, Amanda Moreno and stop by the Competitive Image to get my official headshots taken by Clay Spann!  Amanda has been coaching me since January over the web but now I finally had the time to see her in person.  Ladies, if you need a great pageant coach, please go to Amanda.  She is obviously experienced (Miss International 2016), she is real, motivating, and a Christian woman who cares about the world seeing YOU for YOU.  Plus, she kicked my booty in walking patterns…much needed. 

After I saw Amanda, I headed down to Dothan, Alabama to meet up with Clay Spann to do my official headshots.  All I can say is, WOW!  It was the best experience ever and the shots he captured truly reflected who I want the world to see, ME! Not to mention he is so funny and Ms. Terri was the best assistant during the entire shoot.  On a side note, talk about small town charm. I left my wallet at Target and someone was kind enough to turn it in, nothing was taken!




I then made my way to Maryland for work but I did get some time to spend at RMHC!  In Baltimore, I was able to stop by the RMH there and have a tour.  Little did I know I would be put work while I was there!  I had brought them items I had purchased for the house (wish list items!). At the same time, a teacher was dropping off a carload of supplies her students were donating!  Myself along with two of my co-workers who were with me were able to bring in the supplies and organize them.  The president of Baltimore RMHC was truly grateful for our help and she was excited to hear about my journey as Mrs. North Dakota International with RMHC being my platform. 





While this is only part one of my travels, you can obviously tell I have been very busy.  However, like I had mentioned above each experience was so worth the miles traveled.  This would not have been possible though if it wasn’t for my husband’s support.  He believes in me and the work that I do.  For that, I am always grateful. 

Stay tuned for part two coming soon!

With Gratitude,

Laura Schmidt
Mrs. North Dakota International 2018

Popular Posts