Fashion and Design


“Fashion is the most powerful art there is. It’s movement, design, and architecture all in one. It shows the world who we are and who we’d like to be.” -Blair Waldorf

Fashion is something that is always changing, which means you, the designer, always have to be changing as well.

I have always loved fashion, for as long as I can remember. Throughout the last few years I have changed a lot as a person and as a fashionista as well.

With my involvement in pageants, I have really been able to express myself through clothing.

I also have quite a few tattoos. For certain areas of competition, I like to keep my tattoos covered, so the judges and audience just focuses on me, and my dress. Long sleeve dresses are usually the option that I go with, but finding the perfect long sleeve dress isn’t always the easiest thing in the world, so I turned to designing my own dresses. That way I could make it exactly how I wanted!

My first gown I designed, was a black velvet ball gown, and it was extremely elegant. I worked with a gal out of state, and only talked through Facebook messenger to finish the gown! And it turned out perfect!

Then this year for my fun fashion, I saw a dress online that I liked but wanted to change a few details of it, so I worked with a local girl that I found through Facebook! When we first met, we were originally going to just do the fun fashion, but she said we could do my evening gown too! I envisioned myself winning the crown in green, and I have always been a fan of velvet! I found another dress online that I liked, but wasn’t a fan of all of the details of the dress. So we worked out all of the details of both dresses!

They turned out absolutely perfect! I couldn’t have been more happy.

Ever since we finished those gowns. I have had visions of wedding gowns. I don’t know where it came from, but I cant get them out of my head!

I have a sketchbook full of ideas, and my ultimate goal would be to open up a bridal store of my own, with designer gown and custom gowns!

A wedding day should be the most important day of a persons life, and I want to make that possible for everyone!


XOXO,
Emalee Kitzan
Miss North Dakota International 2018




Popular Posts