Paris's Crowning Moment


           Some moments are so important and special in your life that they could never be put into words; and even if you could try to put the moment into words, those words would never measure up. My crowning moment is one of those moments, a moment that comes and goes so fast that you don’t even know it happened, but also a moment that you know you will never forget. Hearing my name be called for Miss Teen North Dakota International is one of the best moments in my life.

            Going into pageant weekend I knew this was going to be my last pageant, win or lose. I was content with myself and all I had accomplished and I was going to do my best and let God handle the outcome. Walking into the weekend with no expectations was so different from the prior two years. I had put so much pressure on myself to win the crown and fulfill myself. This year I went into the pageant completely content with myself and I knew I didn’t need the crown to fulfill my identity or to continue working with Make-a-Wish.

            All weekend was such a blast and I got to know so many amazing young women, they are all so beautiful and all were driven by the same purpose: to promote their platform. The beauty of the International system is that we aren’t driven by being the “most beautiful” or the “most fit”, but by the content of our heart and our desire to serve others.

            I had such an overwhelming sense of peace on pageant day, I knew God was going to handle the outcome and that He had a perfect plan for me. When the emcees said “and now will the teen contestants please come forward” my heart was pounding. I knew that these could be my last moments on the International pageant stage. After my name hadn’t been called for second or first runner up, I had a mix of emotions. I was nervous, scared, anxious, but also excited. I was so very excited to see what God had for me. “Your Miss Teen North Dakota International 2018 is….. Paris Arnhalt”, this moment was such a blur but I remember I felt so excited and ready for this new journey. One of the pictures taken shows me with my head down after they had announced my name, I remember saying a quick prayer to Jesus and giving Him the praise for the win. Without Him none of this would be possible and I would never have this opportunity. 



            I am so honored and blessed to be you Miss Teen North Dakota International 2018. 



One wish at a time,

Paris Arnhalt
Miss Teen North Dakota International 2018
           

Popular Posts