Jocelyn's Crowning Moment


When I signed up for this pageant back in August I knew I wanted to win. My mom was always telling me everything happens for a reason. When I arrived at the pageant, I knew I was happy to be there and I would be happy with whatever the outcome was because I was trying my best. When I walked out on stage for crowning I thought, "This is it. Now I get to see if I won or not." We lined up holding each other's hands and waited. The emcee said, "The next Jr. Miss Teen North Dakota International 2018 is, Contestant number....(this is when I was thinking, please say number 4!) 4, Jocelyn Birklid! "Whaaaaa" the audience yelled. I immediately started crying with joy. As I looked out into the audience, I couldn't see anyone because of the bright lights. I thought, "Oh my gosh, this isn't happening! Thank you so much!" Dad walked out behind me with the crown and Alexis with the clips while Wiljar and Angelina put the sash on me. When Dad came up to me he said, "I'm so proud of you Jocey," and patted me on the back. I kept on crying. The crown was put on my head and I waved to the audience and judges. The same thing happened to Paris, Emalee, Laura, and Jamie. They had tears of joy and we all hugged each other and congratulated one another. All the while, I kept thinking it was a dream. I can't say how amazing it was to be apart of this and I have been thanking God for this moment ever since it happened. The best part was my dad being there with me on the stage and giving me my crown.

Giving Back with Love, 
Jocelyn Birklid
Miss Pre Teen North Dakota International 2018



Popular Posts