Christmas!


Oh, What a wonderful time of the year! Christmas truly is one of my favorite holidays. I remember growing up and the moment thanksgiving was said and done with we were allowed to listen to Christmas music, bake Christmas goodies, and set up the Christmas tree. As the years have passed it seems to me this tradition still sticks true, even if I live four hours away from my family. The moment my room mates and I got back from Thanksgiving break we bumped the Christmas tunes and decorated the apartment.
            This year I got to thinking about traditions and why they’re so important. I believe traditions can be small little quirky things that set your family apart, like opening presents on Christmas eve, watching a specific Christmas movie after opening presents, or even taking an hour on a specific night to look at Christmas lights around town. These small little traditions are what I really looked forward to while I was growing up during the holiday season.
            My first holiday season away from my family did not seem right, and that’s because I found myself missing these traditions or not practicing them in my new home in Fargo. Since then I have learned to start my own traditions while still incorporating my family’s rituals like looking at Christmas lights around town.
            These small traditions are what I look forward to every year, it’s making time with for your family members and benefiting from quality time together. This holiday season I will be able to spend Christmas eve and Christmas day with my family, which I am forever grateful for. It was those small things, like spending Christmas with family, that I found I took for granted growing up.  Now, I look at it as a gift to spend the holidays with loved ones.

Do you have any Christmas traditions?

Forever and Always,


Miss North Dakota International 2017
Siam Simpfenderfer



Popular Posts