Christmas!

Christmas is my favorite holiday!  Why?  Because it’s the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ! Another reason I love Christmas, is that there are so many opportunities to help others during the holiday season.
            During this time of year, many organizations need a bit more assistance. The holidays for some people are not as jolly and bright.  They may struggle with hunger, homelessness or illness.  So I feel that it is important to help people who are struggling always, but especially over the holidays.



 I love to help out by ringing the Salvation Army Red Kettle bell. I also partner with Operation Christmas Child and the Angel Trees located in my church and school.  And, I try to find opportunities all season long to serve others. I hope that by doing these things, it will help people to have a happier holiday season.

            Helping out at the Salvation Army was one of my favorite appearances this year as Junior Miss Teen ND International 2017.  I loved visiting with the kids in the after-school program and helping them make crafts to take home and share with their families. I also got to share with them the wonderful message of Jesus, and that was pretty cool.

When it was time for the kids to go home, one little boy wasn’t quite done with his project. I told him he could still take it home and finish coloring it there. He looked at me with sad eyes and said, “I don’t have any crayons at home.” His words tugged at my heart. I have a deskful of art supplies at home, and his words again reminded me of how grateful and thankful I am. And not to take anything that I have for granted.

            I encourage you to consider “choosing happiness” during this next month and volunteering with one of these wonderful organizations (or choosing an organization or cause that is dear to your heart!).  These organizations all do amazing things to help others. If you do donate just a small amount of your time and resources, I know that it will be appreciated greatly.

            Take a minute to share some Christmas cheer with someone. It will brighten their spirits as well as yours.
            Have a wonderful Christmas season!
ALWAYS CHOOSE HAPPINESS,
Alexis Thompson
Junior Miss Teen North Dakota International 2017

Popular Posts