Thanksgiving Season


Here it is, the holiday season. I feel like this year has just flown by, but this part of the year is my ABSOLUTE favorite. I love fall, winter, and the holidays. But what really makes this time of the year so special to me is the feelings it brings.
The feeling of togetherness, thankfulness, giving, and joy are what makes me cherish the holiday season so much. The craziness of the entire year that makes my family go in different directions that we almost become to busy for each other finally dies down during the holiday season. We are able to spend the valuable moments reflecting on the year behind us and spend time together before we start another adventurous year.
Thanksgiving to me is the holiday that starts it all off. Living in Fargo for school means I do not get the chance to make it home as often as I would like, but once Thanksgiving rolls around I know that in the next three weeks I will have almost a month to soak in the love of my family.
Thanksgiving is one of those “important” holidays for our family. I do not think there has been one thanksgiving that we have celebrated with a missing family member.  It’s one of those holidays where we bring out the fancy clothes, fancy china, and have enough food to feed an army. We then watch the thanksgiving football game, regret all the food we have consumed, but enjoy each others’ company. Moments like these can fill my heart full of joy and it is hard to not be thankful for the wonderful life that God has given.
I can’t wait to make it home and see how much my nephews have grown, hear about the accomplishments of my sisters at their jobs, and learn from my grandma on how she prepares this feast for so many family members. I hope that through out this holiday season you are able to make memories with your loved ones, reminisce on the past, and hope for the future.


Forever and Always,

Siam Simpfenderfer
Miss North Dakota International 2017

Popular Posts