The 16th Grade


How is it already the middle of September? I find myself wondering how I am already in my senior year of college, although I still have a couple more years before I earn my bachelors of science in nursing. Hey, great things take time right?!
            My education has always been so important to me. The education system has furthered my knowledge with math, science, and history meanwhile instilling lifelong qualities of discipline, responsibility, and determination. Education is a privilege and not a right, and being able to realize that from an early age has been my motivation to further my own education. There is no better feeling than acing an exam that I have spent countless hours, or even days preparing for.
            While school is just picking up into full swing I have already hit some milestones of my college career. Earlier this month I received my white coat into nursing school. Not only does a white coat look cool, but it gives students a sense of honor and accomplishment, and a sense of being welcomed into this prestigious and rewarding profession. I also received one of the highest grades on a test since enter college! (ONLY ONE WRONG THE ENTIRE EXAM!!!)  In high school I found that my studies came natural to me and I never had to study. I walked into college with this mentality and did it hit right up side the head. Now, I never received awful grades but “bad” grades were anything but an A for me. I have learned effective studying habits for college exams and to put my best foot forward.
            This upcoming semester and spring semester will be full of hands on experience with nursing school. I am beginning to practice as a student nurse and will be doing clinical rotations. I am in the big leagues now. I truly believe nursing is the profession for me, and I hope to succeed as an RN, BSN. Looking back on my decision to switch my major from microbiology to nursing has never once been a regret and I do not think it will ever be. I believe God has a plan, and his plan was to make me a super duper senior at NDSU. :) Kidding.
 God put a calling on my heart for the nursing profession and the only thing I could do was listen and it’s been a blessing ever since.

Forever and Always,

Siam Simpfenderfer
Miss North Dakota International 2017

Popular Posts