The Journey Continues...




In order for something new to begin, something else must come to an end.
I am filled with anticipation as I type this letter to you, but my feelings are also bittersweet because I am saying goodbye. Earlier this year, my husband was given a ministry opportunity to serve as a youth pastor in St. Louis, Missouri. After much prayer and consideration, we believe this is something God is calling us to do. I am beyond thrilled for my husband’s new job and I am ready to serve alongside him as we continue to dedicate our lives to investing in the next generation. I am excited for this new adventure, but closing a chapter is never easy.

To me, life only feels right when I am completely obedient to God. 
Through faith and obedience Jake and I have been on a beautiful journey that brought us from Nevada to North Dakota, and now, to Missouri. Transition isn't always easy, but it is often necessary for our lives. As we transition, my heart is full of gratitude for the time I had in North Dakota. I was fully embraced by a church family who loved me like their own. My dreams were supported by friends, pastors and mentors who filled me with strength, confidence and the belief that I can do all things through Christ. As Mrs. North Dakota International, I have amazing directors and fellow queens who have changed my life for the better. This experience has shaped me in ways that will last wherever I go. 

I believe with my whole heart that God will not only bless what I am walking in to, but He will also abundantly bless the things I am walking out of. God has his hand on everything I am saying goodbye to, including my journey with the North Dakota International Pageants. The best is yet to come! God has a wonderful plan for this organization and it is my prayer that the ND International Pageants will continue to be blessed greatly! 

I would like to thank my directors Meg and Janelle for supporting every season of my journey. They dedicated their time, energy and so much love to ensure that I have a wonderful year. When I shared with them about the move, they had nothing but positive things to say about it. Thank you to my North Dakota sister queens for being unapologetically YOU in the community and in our friendship. No matter where I go, our sisterhood is forever. I truly believe that. Thank you to my church, my community, friends and sponsors who have given a piece of themselves to my journey. I couldn't have done this without all of you. 

It's not about how much time we have, it's about what we do with the time we are given. My time as Mrs. North Dakota International has been absolutely wonderful. It's been full of growth and opportunities to serve my community. It was everything God destined for it to be, and for that I am truly blessed. Goodbyes are never easy, but the future is in the hands of a God who has a beautiful plan for all of us. North Dakota has a special place in my heart that will never be replaced. No matter where I go, it will always be wonderful part of who I am, the royalty and all.

Forever your Mrs. North Dakota International 2017
Angelina Yarbrough 
Turning Moments into Movements

Popular Posts