Interviewing my dad!


Here is an interview with Dr. Peter Ojuro. He is a DO, a gastroenterologist by day and a superhero dad all year round.
Wiljar:                 Did you ever win an award?
Dad:    Yes, when I was in primary school. I won an award for our school choir. We won the    award to represent our school in the provisional competition.
Wiljar:                 What was your first job and how did it go?
Dad:    I worked at a supermarket and it went very well. My coworkers where always pleasant and helping people was the best part of the job.
Wiljar:        What’s your favorite Color?
Dad:    Green! I like green because it represents life. Green also reminds me of home, Kenya.
Wiljar:                 Favorite Sport?
Dad:    Soccer!  I’ve played since I was a small child and I still play even now.
Wiljar:                 What do you enjoy doing religiously?
Dad:    I enjoy eating healthy meals religiously. It’s good for the mind and body.
Wiljar:                 How many siblings did you grow up with?
Dad:    It was a full house! I grew up with 8 siblings, and I was the 6th child. It was a wonderful age range for me. I had older siblings that could cook and younger siblings I could play with. We were like a unit that worked very well together.
Wiljar:                 What was the last book you read?
Dad:    The last book I read was “The power of a Praying husband”. I chose to read this because it teaches you the foundation of a strong family and how to continue being a good father and husband.
Wiljar:                 Favorite number and why?
Dad:    My favorite number is two! It represents parody and fairness, that is why it’s my favorite number.  
Wiljar:                 Favorite music genre?
Dad:    I love Rhumba music, which is African music. I also enjoy listening to it after work, and long trips.
Wiljar:                 Favorite artist?
Dad:    My favorite artists are Koffi and Franco.

When coming up with the questions to ask my dad I wanted to keep it simple yet fun! I wanted to do this for some time but thought what could I possibly ask? It came together better than I had expected and in the process, I really got to see my dad in a light that I normally never see him in. I grew up seeing my dad as a superhero and I still do. Who knew superheroes have time to themselves to listen to music or enjoy a game a golf! We were a full house growing up, my siblings and me.  I guess in this interview I realized just how much more I appreciated my dad for all the things he did for us growing up. While still being able to be himself in the process. This interview could never sum up who my dad is! However, I will say that he is the most humorist, humble, fun, and hardworking person you’ll ever meet. 






Carpe Diem, North Dakota International Ambassador 2017, Wiljar Ojuro

Popular Posts