Back to School





FINALLY! It’s time to go back to school! I’ve been waiting for this day since the last day of school this past May! Here are some photos of my first day. I was super excited to be in my new classroom. My brother…not as much!  :) 
 
It feels great to be back! I just started 4th grade and it’s pretty cool so far. I have a wonderful teacher and AMAZING friends. Today, we started working from our new books and I know I’m going to learn a lot this year.
My favorite subjects in school are reading, math, science and English. Spelling is also a subject I enjoy. As you can probably tell, I LOVE school and I love to learn. It is so important to take your school work seriously. I know that, because someday I want to become a doctor and I know you have to study really hard in order to succeed in that career. I’m thinking about attending college at Harvard – I’ve heard it’s a pretty great school!
A new school year is a great time to start new habits. I want to encourage you  all to try to make a new habit of volunteering and helping others. Volunteering is very important to me and has enriched my life in so many ways.  

I know someone who really does have a habit of helping others. This dear friend of mine donated a bunch of things for me to give to others, as well as gave me a $50 donation for me to use however I see fit.
It took me a while to figure out how to best use the donation, but I have decided to use some of it for an upcoming service project that my friends and I are going to do at my 10th birthday party.

My friends and I will be creating “Blessing Bags” which will be donated to Welcome House – a homeless shelter in my community serving homeless families. These bags will specifically be for the children that are staying there. Many times, these children come to Welcome House with no belongings to call their own. These bags will be filled with items such as hygiene products like toothbrushes and toothpaste, toys, school supplies, and books.  I have partnered with my local library and they are generously donating books to be included in the bags as well.
My friends and I are blessed with so much…this is just our little way of giving to other children who could use a little blessing! Thanks to my special friend, Ginny, who has such a kind and caring heart and is helping to make these “Blessing Bags” a reality!

     I hope you all had a great start to the new school year, just like I have! Remember to try to do something kind for others. It will make a difference in your life as well as theirs! 
ALWAYS CHOOSE HAPPINESS,
Alexis Thompson
Junior Miss Teen North Dakota International 2017

Popular Posts