A Few of My Favorite Things…. Going Back to School


1.     New school supplies are my favorite! I get excited about binders, notebooks and all the cute new supplies.
2.     A new schedule, a new beginning is an exciting part of going back to school.
3.     Seeing long lost friends and acquaintances who I have not seen in a while
4.     Theatre auditions for the school musical and the play are tomorrow!  I cannot wait to see how it all comes together!
5.     Fall events like Homecoming and bon fires with friends are a few of my favorite things! Dressing up for school spirit week is so much fun too.
6.     I love decorating my locker.  This year I used little magnets to hang pictures of friends who are close as well as friends who are far away.
7.     New clothes are awesome!  I enjoy picking outfits for each day of the week.  I even made hangers that have the days of the week to help me stay organized.
8.     Getting to know new teachers and meeting new friends in different classes
9.     Trips to Starbucks…. The smell of fall in a cup aka the pumpkin spice latte
10.  After school theatre rehearsals and the teamwork that comes with working on a production
11.  Figuring out which clubs and committees are the best fit
12.  Pep rallies and opportunities to sing the National Anthem
13.  Meaningful discussions and plans for college
14.  Finishing up with summer reading for Advanced Placement English
15.  Being a senior, knowing that this is the last year of high school and wanting to make it awesome
16.  The challenge of something new and the comfort of the old
17.  I love a schedule that gives me enough time to go home for lunch
18.  School yearbooks from last year are the best because it is great to remember and reminisce about the previous year and all the memories.
19.  The possibilities that a new year brings always make me feel excited.  I love the cycle of the school year and the change of seasons the year brings.
20.  The carpe diem attitude that comes with being a senior and knowing that this is your last year to do something amazing in high school.





Yours in Harmony, Payton Hausauer Miss Teen North Dakota International 2017

Popular Posts