Happy Mother's Day


Happy Mother’s Day, everyone!  I hope you all had a great day, and made tons of fun memories with your families!
            I think that my mom should be North Dakota’s Mother of the Year! If you knew my mom, you wouldn’t even have to ask why! She is so sweet and I can’t thank her enough for all that she does.


 
            Whenever I am sad, my mom is the first person I talk to. And on the rare occasion that I forget to do my homework, she doesn’t get mad, she just helps me – even if it’s late at night.  I love my mom more than words can say!
In my opinion, my mom is like a superhero. Here are some of the reasons why I think that.
            First of all, she helps us clean our house. Well…she actually does ALL of it! :)  Most of the time, when I go to feed my cat CiCi, I find that it has ALREADY been done for me! 
            Second of all, she helps to keep me and my brother in line. If my parents weren’t home, Aiden and I would probably have started World War 3 by now! :)




            She also drives me to wherever I need to go. Whether it is pageant appearances, a dance competition or anything else, I can always count on her to get me there. 


My mom is also a great photographer. I know I say that I don’t like it when she is ALWAYS taking pictures, but one day when I am older, I will thank her for seeing her world (and mine!) through a lens. I will have photos documenting my entire life and all the special moments in it!!! 





I have so many reasons why I think my mom is a superhero, but now I want to move on and tell you about our Mother’s Day celebration. We hosted it at our house and my grandparents, aunt, uncle, cousin and grandma came to celebrate. We ate hotdogs that my dad grilled outside because the weather was SO nice! There was a smorgasboard of food, but my favorite was the chips and fiesta dip! My kitty, CiCi, even got dressed up for the occasion! 




            That was my Mother’s Day celebration. I hope that you had a wonderful day celebrating your mom and other special women in your life as well!

ALWAYS CHOOSE HAPPINESS,
Alexis Thompson
Junior Miss Teen North Dakota International 2017




Popular Posts