Happy Father's Day!


“What I’ve realized is that life doesn’t count for much unless you’re willing to do your small part to leave our children-all of our children-a better world.  Even if it’s difficult…That is our ultimate responsibility as fathers and parents.  We try.  We hope.” –Barack Obama
As Father’s Day approaches, I have been thinking about my dad and the “leading men” in my life that make it all worthwhile.  Sometimes it easy to overlook all the things that dads do. The things they do are often intangible and done quietly and in the background.  To the men that love, encourage, and inspire, thank you for making a difference and Happy Father’s Day!
A story from my childhood that I will always remember is my first theatre experience, when I was about 3 years old.  My dad took me to Annie at Sleepy Hallow Theatre, in Bismarck. On the way in to the show, I tripped and fell. I cut my chin and it blead a lot! I actually still have a small scar to show for it.  We never made it to the show. I know that night did not turn out exactly as he had planned, but I so appreciate that he wanted me to see the show and spend the time with me. I am grateful for love and support, over the years. I am sure he is happy that I have gained the poise to attend most events, without needing a paramedic!  
My Grandpa has also had a huge impact on my life.  He has an incredible zest for life and his energy is contagious.  He has been a source of constant teasing and endless support.  We always spend the holidays together and we always play a game or have some sort of challenge.  My grandpa is super competitive, but what he loves most is to see his kids and grandkids laughing and enjoying the company of one another.  
I have been fortunate to have the encouragement and support of some amazing men, who have played a part in shaping me into the person I am today.  You have certainly made my world a better place! Happy Father’s Day again to my dad and all the other dads who go the extra mile for their kids.   






Popular Posts