Dear Fargo South High School


Dear Fargo South High School,
“Beginnings are usually scary, and endings are usually sad, but it is everything in between that makes life worth living.”     –Bob Marley
This quote seems especially poignant now as my junior year is ending.  In so many ways, this has been the best year of my life.  This year had an especially scary beginning as I decided to leave my former school behind and transfer to a new school. I think back to all the unknowns of that first day, in late August. I remember pulling up to my new school, taking a deep breath and saying to myself, “well, here you go!” I will never forget how my “Bruin Ambassador” friends welcomed me with clapping and cheering. Fargo South is like a family and I was very happy to finally feel like I had come home.
I think that coming to a cross road in life can be such a blessing.  There is a certain sense of urgency when a decision must be made, to continue on, or choose another path. One direction promises what is comfortable and the other direction leads somewhere unknown.  It is sometimes difficult to know what is best and what is just comfortable.  One of the lessons that I have learned this year is to push myself out of my comfort zone.  I know that next year will be easier for me to graduate and choose a new path because I have done this before.
“This is my life…my story…my book.  I will no longer let anyone else write it: nor will I apologize for the edits I make.”  -Steve Maraboli
The thing that makes Fargo South feel like home to me is the amazing students and teachers.  They are the heart and soul of the school.  I will always be grateful for the profound impact that Mrs.Lichtblau, Mrs. Brandenburg and Mr. Kennedy have had on me.  They have encouraged me, believed in me and given me the opportunity to grow and shine.  I have so much respect for the teachers who give so much of themselves to kids, on a daily basis. I am not sure if they will ever fully understand how much I appreciate all that they have done for me.
My amazing school counselor, Mrs. Medinger is leaving Fargo South at the end of the year to begin a new job. She has been like a mom at school, to so many students. It will be hard to see her go.  Mrs. Lewis is just finishing her first year of teaching AP English, She was the best teacher I have ever had for a core class.  I will never forget how important it was to her that her students did well in her class. 
My senior friends are having their graduation parties, as their time is high school is ending. It will be especially difficult for me to say good-bye to my senior friends in the theatre department.  I am going to miss their beautiful daily presence in my life. I know that they too are both hopeful and sad, as they look to the future. I wish them every happiness and more success than they can imagine.
So… As one thing ends and another begins… I treasure the lessons, memories and friendships of this past year.
Yours In Harmony, Payton Hausauer Miss Teen ND Intl 2017







Popular Posts