On April 2nd I celebrated a birthday, so I thought it would be fun to share 25 fun facts about myself in celebration of 25 years of living!
- My full name is Angelina Elizabeth Yarbrough.
- My parents originally named me “Angelica”, but shortly after my birth, they decided to change it.
- My nationality is 50% Italian (mom’s side) and 50% Mexican (dad’s side)
- I grew up in Las Vegas, but I never went to the strip until I was old enough to drive there myself.
- I grew up in a family of 4 with my mom, dad and little brother.
- My brother Johnny is kinda Instagram Famous - JohnnyBGoing
- I had cats growing up. We tried having a dog once and it only lasted 6 months.
- As a youngster, I competed in one pageant - the “Miss Junior Teen Las Vegas” pageant. I won third runner up!
- I am only 5’ 1” tall. Don’t let the heels fool you!
- I went to college at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. Go Rebels!
- I was a professional cheerleader for the United Football League. Our team was the Las Vegas Locomotives or “Las Vegas Locos” for short.
- I was also a dancer for UNLV’s Scarlet Dance Line.
- I graduated college in 2014. I finished my last semester online while living in North Dakota!
- I graduated with a bachelor’s degree in Communication Studies and a minor in Journalism.
- I got married in December of 2013 in Las Vegas - in an actual church, not a drive-thru chapel!
- My husband and I share the same birthday. It’s fate!
- When my husband and I were given the opportunity to move to North Dakota, neither of us had ever been there.
- Living in Wahpeton is my first experience at small town life.
- I have a Dalmatian named Koda. He’s perfect.
- I used to have a cat named Shadow, but it wasn't working out so I flew him to Las Vegas to live with my mom.
- My husband’s motorcycle is also named Shadow, so there is still a Shadow in the family.
- I have traveled to 3 different countries on mission trips.
- I hope to travel to several more countries with my family in the future.
- My husband and I are not quite ready for kids. We are waiting for God’s perfect timing.
- My dream is to teach, speak and preach to women of all ages around the country - and world.
Until Next Time,
Mrs. North Dakota International 2017
Turning Moments Into Movements