Mr. North Dakota International


So, I’ve been given the assignment to write a blog. I can honestly say I wasn’t sure what that meant at first, as I’ve never written one before, but since my wife asked me so nicely to write one, I’ve agreed to give it a try, so here it goes.

This past year has definitely been full of unexpected, but awesome, experiences. My wife and I had only been married 3 months prior to the pageant, and just 1 month prior to her telling me her idea of participating in a pageant. Not only was this a new experience for her, as she had never participated in pageants before, but this was definitely a new experience for me too. Even though she had never done anything like this before, knowing the type of person my wife is, I never had any doubt that she would become the next Mrs. North Dakota International, so I did my best to get ready for what was to come.

I’ve ever met someone who genuinely wants to make a difference in people’s lives as much as Ashley does. She is so selfless and always seems to put the needs of others in front of her own. Watching her do all of the different things that she does for other people makes me want to do the same. She inspires you to want to be a better person. Ashley has definitely changed me in some ways, but not because she’s tried to. Just like I am always there to support her for who she is, she is always there to support me for who I am, but she also encourages and challenges me every day to be the best person I can be, and for that I feel very lucky to be able to call her my wife.

Although I was a little worried at first about how busy our schedules would become, this year has been worth it. We’ve experienced so many great things because of this opportunity. I’ve been able to attend events with Ashley and have hopefully helped make a difference in people’s lives. Even though our ‘newlywed’ schedules were quite a bit busier than I expected they would be, I truly think that this experience has helped us become closer as husband and wife and has made our relationship stronger in many ways, as we’ve learned to turn to God for support and have worked together as a couple to make sure he’s at the center of our lives.

Thank you to the North Dakota International Pageant for all of their support during this past year.

Andrew Klinger
‘Mr.’ North Dakota International 2016



Popular Posts