Happy Thanksgiving from Meghanne

I hope everyone had a safe and very happy Thanksgiving. I just wanted to share a few things that I am thankful for this Thanksgiving, and the best way to keep traditions going instead of "Black Thursday" shopping.

This year I spent Thanksgiving with my Anne Carlsen Center family. We spent the entire afternoon cooking and decorating our cottage (where my clients live). My favorite tradition at the center, is for the kids that don’t go home with a family, we create an entire meal together and push all of our tables together to eat as a 'family', which we normally are unable to do, due to certain circumstances. I am thankful that I was able to be a part of such a wonderful dinner, and spend time with the ones who don’t get to go home for the holidays.

After the meal, instead of planning on what to buy people for Christmas when Thanksgiving isn't even over, my family likes to spend time sharing stories and playing family friendly games, and I HIGHLY recommend Mad Gab. Too often, especially in today's society, people tend to forget what the holiday of Thanksgiving is really all about. If not this year, maybe next year try taking some extra time with your family, memories like those will last a lifetime, that new TV won't.

So, wherever you were and whoever you were with, I hope you all had a blessed Thanksgiving, and safe travels.

Your Miss Teen North Dakota International 2016,
Meghanne Quam

Popular Posts