Did someone say "back to school"?!


Time sure is flying! Can you believe it? September is here and almost over!
School is back in session and let me tell you, I couldn’t be more excited! This year I start my Junior Year of College at North Dakota State University in Fargo, ND and it has been nothing short of great! As a junior, college is not the quite the hype it was my freshmen year but I honestly haven’t been more excited and pleased with where I am and what I am doing!
Each year I like to challenge myself in a different way and this year I particularly challenged myself to love. Whether it is to love myself, my classes, the people around me, or even love the bird that pooped on me last week. As I get older I realize the littlest things are often taken advantaged of and I personally want to enjoy anything and everything that I can. Yes, even find the joy of the bird pooping. Because like I told you last time, we all have to laugh at ourselves a little. It is not always easy to love, trust me, it is only going into week 5 of school this fall and I have had some hard times, but I have learned to love the walk from the parking lot to my classes. I have learned to love the strangers I sit next to because they too had to get to that 8am class just like I did and still have the energy to smile back at me. The little things right?
Today I challenge you to slow down just a little to embrace what is around you this school year. Stop wishing it away for the next summer vacation, and love whatever you can. Maybe it seems a little silly but give it a try!

Until next time!

Miss North Dakota International 2016

Popular Posts