Choosing the Right College for YOU


As graduation creeps closer and closer to me and I am scrambling to study for finals and complete my last assignments as a high school student, there is one thing I do not have to worry about and that is my College/University choice. I spent most of my spring touring and researching the places I would like to attend the fall of 2016.

I highly recommend touring the College/University you are considering attending before you make your absolute final decision. For myself, I thought I wanted to attend a huge University with a high population of students to get out of my small town comfort zone a bit. That was definitely not the case; the first University I toured was North Dakota State University (NDSU), in Fargo, North Dakota. It was full of life, super busy, and there was a ton of people, which was quite overwhelming for me and at that moment I decided I did not want to attend a huge University and so I began to search for something a little smaller and something that felt like home. I then toured the University of Mary in Bismarck, North Dakota which is a Catholic and private school. The U of M was the last option on my list but after touring it and visiting with faculty, staff, and students that attend the campus I fell in love.

I am completely comfortable, confident and excited with my decision to start my journey at the University of Mary. I wouldn't have known that I wanted to attend there without taking my tour and meeting the great people that I did. I now have one thing checked off my list of things to do before college, that being to pick a college, and it feels good to be confident in my choice.

With love and blessings,
Meghanne Quam, your Miss Teen North Dakota International 2016

Popular Posts