Pancakes, Bike-A-Thons, and Parades

            I have had an absolute blast the past couple months, crazy, but fun! I was able to spend my evening at my local Ihop on national Pancake Day to raise money for the Children’s Miracle Network! There were so many little girls and boys that I got to see smiling and chowing down on their pancakes. It was so great to see all the people who were there in support! A local radio station was even there broadcasting the event!





            A few days later I participated in the Tour de Habitat to raise money for the Habitat for Humanity. For this event, groups of six people biked for ten minutes attempting to go as far as they could. I can proudly say I biked 6.1 miles! It was such a fun event to do, especially because I was able to be on a team of current and former pageant queens!




            I also got to be in the St. Patrick’s Day parade on a beautiful Saturday afternoon. The smiles on all of the kid’s faces made my entire day! The funniest part of the whole thing was the reactions of the boys and girls. The girls would say things like “look at the pretty crowns!” “Mom, they are princesses!” but the boys would say, “What kind of car is that?” “I want that car!” “Sick car!” I just about fell off the car laughing!





Popular Posts