Ecuador!!!

I had the most life-changing journey on my mission trip to Ecuador. I met some incredible people and got to experience some amazing things. I could write a novel on everything I did and went through but I want to talk about two positives that are important to me.

Positive #1: My life has been changed. I don’t know how to put it into words but my outlook on everything is different. I have learned to appreciate things and people so much more. Waking up in the morning is easier than it used to be because I have learned that no matter where my feet touch the ground, I need to serve The Lord. I have a purpose to this crazy thing called life and that is to serve Him and spread His word.  I wake up excited and ready for what The Lord has in store for me every day.

-          Ecuadorians do not have much but are happy with what they have. The children of Casa do not have parents, but are content with 80 other kids they call family. They are happy with the toy truck they have even if it only has one wheel.

Positive #2: I have gained some amazing relationships with the people from Ecuador, the children from La Casa De Fe, and the people on my mission trip team. It’s amazing to have met people that made saying goodbye so difficult.

-          I got the privilege of growing close with a few people who work at La Casa De Fe. One of them being Christy Hayes. Christy helped guide me to our Lord and put all faith in Him. I can’t explain how thankful I am for God putting Christy in my life. I am counting the days until I get to see my second mom again. Oh, and I can’t forget to say that she gives great hugs and plays with my hair and I don’t even have to ask : ). Another person I grew close to was Jeff Freeman. Jeff is a walking image of God and has inspired me to do the same. And last but not least, Pattie Sue. Pattie Sue is the founder of La Casa De Fe. She is so humble for doing such an incredible thing. She gives all the glory to God. She does whatever she possibly can for the orphans she is given. The words Pattie Sue shared with me have stuck in my mind and has helped me to not get discouraged while being back in the states and to share my testimony and the word of Our Savior.

-          I met two girls from Casa that have changed my life. One of them is Thalia, a 15-year-old, outgoing, beautiful young girl, who has been at Casa since she was 10. The other is a 2-year-old girl named Jennifer. She is a very shy little girl but has the smile and laugh that could melt any heart. I could go on and on about these two.


                 
                               The beautiful Thalia got to be Miss Teen North Dakota International for the day!
I taught Jennifer how to give kisses : 




-          I couldn’t have asked for a better mission trip team. I was able to meet people who have the same love for Christ as I do. Although I grew closer to some than others, I was touched by all of them. It is crazy going from seeing a group of people for 10 days straight to not seeing them at all. It has definitely been a hard transition and I miss them like crazy. There is a reason why they were put into my life and I can’t wait for God to show me each and every one of the reasons. I pray that I am able to keep the relationships I have made with my teammates for a lifetime.

I know I will be back in Ecuador one day serving The Lord and the people who live there. I have been forever changed by what I experienced while I was there. I can’t thank everyone enough for the support and prayers I was given. It’s hard for me to explain exactly what God did in me while in Ecuador. I hope one day you all get to experience the same thing so you can understand how amazing this adventure was.



Yours truly,

Madison Johnson
Miss Teen North Dakota International  


Popular Posts