VA Hospital Appearance

This past week, I was fortunate enough to go around and personally thank each Veteran at the VA Hospital for all they have done. This was such an eye opening experience for me. I saw people between the ages of 40-94, with different illnesses and disabilities ranging from cancer, to having no legs or the inability to talk. These men and woman fought for you and I. They fought for the rights we are given today and the freedom we are blessed with. When thanking these people for what they have done, I got the same response every time, it being, “It was my pleasure.” I still cannot get over the humble people I met yesterday morning. Each of them had a smile on their face, no matter what condition they were in. Getting to sit down and hear these men and women’s stories is a memory I will cherish for a lifetime.

Thank you to all who have served or are currently serving. God Bless.




Yours truly,

Madison Johnson
Miss Teen North Dakota 2014

Popular Posts