Fantastic February

February has been a ball…Seriously, I started out the month with a Ball.  On February 1st, my sister Queens and I got to be volunteers at the North Dakota Heart Ball.  The day started off with a hair and make-up appointment.  Cindy Mauritson, at Blonde Ambition, made me look beautiful.  Thank you Cindy, for being this Cinderella’s Fairy Godmother.  When we arrived at the Holiday Inn to finish preparations we were greeted by the fabulous Joan Enderle, from the American Heart Association.  We have decided that she is now an honorary sister queen.  Madison, Meg, and I were able to spend the next 5 hours greeting people and helping in any way we could.  My favorite job of the night was modeling the items for the live auction.  I was able to model a fox and beaver fur coat.  My husband surprised me by making sure he was the winning bidder.  He said he just couldn’t resist.



After, the ball on Saturday Night, I got a bit of a break until Tuesday morning, when I was invited to the morning employee meeting at our local Macy’s.  I was able to tell them all about heart health and how much Macy’s has been a part of the fight for women’s heart health.  Thank you Macy’s for helping educate America.

Thursday morning was bright and early for Madison and I, we were back at Macy’s by 5:10 IN THE MORNING.  Uff Dah!  We were going to be on live tv.  KVLY has a local early morning show and they were spotlighting all that Macy’s has done for the community.  As soon as our TV spot was finished, we were off to the radio station, BIG 98.7.  We were able to spend their entire time on air (6-9) as the live audience on their show.  I’ve decided I like radio better, they served breakfast of Sweeto Burritos and fresh fruit.   Yummy!  The best part of Thursday’s appearances was Madison.  Her sweet spirit and easy smile are the perfect way to start the day.


My favorite appearance of all was visiting the Veteran’s Hospital on the 12th.  Madison and I didn’t do anything grand and there were no cameras, but I left filled with awe and joy.  For almost two hours we were able just to hold hands, and listen to the stories of our heroes.  It was an honor to be there.  I am hoping that we will be invited back.  I need to learn more from these brave men.
So there you have it… that’s a bit about my Fantastic February.  I am ready to walk this year with my family and you.  Together we are on a grand adventure and I’ll be sure to keep you informed!


Blessings
Janelle Steinberg, Mrs. North Dakota International 2014


Popular Posts