Two BIG Ideas

I am excited to get working!  It isn’t very often people get to say that.  I get to spend this year doing one of my dream jobs, Mrs. North Dakota International.   Actually, I can think of one job, I’d like better…Nationals, here I come.

On a more serious note, I really do want to get busy.  I only have one year as Mrs. North Dakota International.  This is it!  There is no grandma division, so I have to make this year counts.  But, even if I had not been given this amazing year, my work on behalf of the orphan would continue.  The platform is my life, and I want to make it yours.
There is so much to do and the clock is ticking, one month of my reign is already gone.  That means I only have eleven more months to change the world!  With the title of Mrs. North Dakota International, my reach has been broadened and I have been given an opportunity to be in front of the community.

I have two goals for this year.  I want to take advantage of every opportunity to speak about the need for the adoption of children from the foster care system. To facilitate this goal, I am looking forward to using my State Directors’ (Kathy and Allison) knowledge and network.  They are pros at finding their Queens’ appearances.  My personal goal is that I would be able to make 25 appearances this year.  That is one for every other week in the year.  I want to take every single opportunity that comes my way, whether they are for adoption groups, the American Heart Association’s Go Red for Women Campaign, or parades.  I can use each opportunity to talk about what is truly on my heart, adopting children.  If you have any ideas, or events coming up please let me know.  In order to get as many appearances in as I want, I am going to need your help.

My second goal for this year is to promote and strengthen the International Pageants’ visibility.  Too few of people have heard of it.   I am proud of our system and I want everyone to know what a fantastic organization it is and what it stands for.  I want to encourage both young and older women (like Me!) to compete in the North Dakota Pageant system next year.  It is something they will never regret.

So there you have it… I’ve narrowed it down to two, really big goals.  Now where can I hang my crown and heals, while I get to work?  Together we can change the world and I’ll be sure to keep you informed!

Blessings

Janelle Steinberg, Mrs. North Dakota International 2014

Popular Posts