Here’s what’s ahead!

I really am honored to have the responsibility as Miss North Dakota International to represent my home state of North Dakota. I have been trying my best to really focus on some of my personal goals as a titleholder, so here’s a sneak peak at what is coming up!

I really want to work with each of my former Miss North Dakota International sisters and find a way to continue every single one of their legacies by being involved in an event that supports their platform. It’s important to me to recognize all of their hard work and to be a part of their passion. I also want to make sure that the mission and message of The Miss North Dakota International System is heard by continuing to recruit and support future contestants. If you or someone you know could even be the slightest bit interested in competing, please please please get a hold of me! I promise no one will never regret it!

As a dietitian, it is so exciting to have the opportunity to partner with The American Heart Association. I am so excited to be a part of an organization that generates so much awareness about health and wellness. I believe heart disease and strokes are something all of us have been affected by in some way, so we all need to do what we can to prevent heart disease in the future. I will be registering women to join the Go Red for Women movement and also to take the Go Red Heart Check-Up at http://72.32.26.93/hcu/locale/en_US/main_en_US.html 

I will be aligning with the National Forensics League, which is the nationally recognized honor society for speech and debate programs, and using their national influence to promote Find Your Voice. I want to see communities support their local debate and forensics teams. The more people that have witnessed firsthand the transformation that students go through on their journey as a debater will know why we need debate programs in schools. Right now, the National Forensics League homepage says “We believe every student can learn to eloquently speak up – advocating for themselves and others – to be a positive force for change. We work to give them the chance to do just that.” Students have the right to be offered the best potential education available, and The National Forensics League is prepared to support every student in learning to speak, listen, discuss, and express themselves. I will be working on seeking grants for schools that need funding to start programs as well as grants for schools to continue to grow their existing programs. I will also continue to mentor debaters on Find Your Voice. I am also looking forward to developing future research and studies that are able to support the benefits of debate programs in schools. I am even planning ways to be involved with the national competition this summer in Kansas!

And last, but certainly not least, I will be preparing to compete at nationals for the ultimate goal of becoming Miss International. The opportunity to promote debate initiatives on an international level would be a dream come true! I can’t think of any job I would be more excited to wake up and go to work to every day then Miss International, and I’ve only got one chance! Thank you for following me on my journey to reach my goals! 

Meg Pulkrabek RD, LRD
Miss North Dakota International 2014

Popular Posts