Crowning Moment

In just one year I have been able to accomplished a lot. Between winning my local high school pageant, winning homecoming queen at my school, and now winning Miss Teen North Dakota International, I have truly been blessed these last few months of my life. The adrenaline rush you get standing in front of a crowd, holding hands with girls that you have grown so fond of, is a feeling like no other. And the feeling of hearing your name over a microphone saying you just won? I have no words to explain it. It’s something someone has to experience on their own to know.

My experience at the North Dakota International pageant was sick… in the “cool” sick way and the literal sick way. The Friday portion of the pageant consisted of check-in, rehearsal, and most of my time spent lying on the bathroom. (Details not included) The flu had taken full affect on my body and I was absolutely miserable. Luckily enough, I slept for 14 hours that night and was able to fight off most of the bug. The next morning I was able to interview with the judges and go to rehearsal to catch up on what I had missed the previous night.

I’m still so thankful for my awesome pageant director’s cooperation, the amazing judges for being so flexible, and the incredible girls I was fortunate enough to compete with for being so considerate.

As far as my crowning moment goes, I have words to describe it. As soon as I heard my name, tears started to fall. I felt every feeling imaginable. Surprised, amazed, excited, shocked, happy, all of the above. I nearly fell over when I walked up to get crowned. (Not sure if this was due to not being able to eat anything within the last 24 hours or if it was just out of pure excitement) Luckily I had Jen, Mrs. North Dakota International 2013, to hold on to. 

I’m still pinching myself to make sure this isn’t just a dream. I look at my crown every night and thank God for what I have been blessed with. I can’t wait to see what the new year has to offer. : )

Yours truly,

Madison Johnson

Miss Teen North Dakota International 2014

Popular Posts